Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

Under the sea

I've made this card for Aimee to take to a party this afternoon, I decided to use a mermaid but couldn't find one in my stamps so I searched for mermaid stamps and found this fab set from Fred She Said it comes with the mermaid Emma and loads of accessories stamps, sea weed, fish, crab, seahorse, shells etc and a background stamp. Whilst I was searching I found a fab example of a card made with acetate to look like the water and have based my card around that idea. ( I was going to add the link but forgotto bookmark it and can't find it now).

 I have coloured all the images with promarkers adding stickles for some sparkle. There is 3 layers to the front of the card, on the bottom layer I have used some blue digi paper that looks a bit like water and then some yellow card which I have embossed with my divine swirls folder for the sand I have added a fish with some balloons, a star fish and a shell, the next layer is some acetate cut with a scallopped edge which I have stickled, a bit more sand at the bottom an.d some sea weed on the sides hide the foam pads that raise it up. Next is the mermaid and another piece of acetate again I put sand at the bottom and sea weed on the sides so  I could hide the foam pads
 The base of the easel card is some navy card again embossed with the divine swirls folder with some of the blue digi paper. I added the name of the birthday girl in silver mirri card the letters were cut on my cuttlebug, a little sea horse and the stopper is a scallopped circle cut with nesties and a die cut number 8 which I got on ebay.
I would like to enter this card intothe following challenges:
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday - use a number
Creative Inspirations - Easel cards
Paper Cutz- Your choice
Paper Play Challenge - Embossing
My Grafico - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday Challenge - It's a magical world ( hope a mermaid counts as magical)
Paper Sundaes - Embossing

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny, what a gorgeously creative card, I love it, so much detail!

Addams said...

Wow this is a brilliant card, love all the images and the acetate looks great

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Amazing card - so much detail - I love it! x

Copse said...

Ahhh thats a fab card, love the mermaid Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week... Kaz DT SSDS

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

WOW! Jenny! I love this!
What a creative card!
Gabrielle is going to love it!!
Stacie

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Gorgeous card - love all the different layers xx

Fiona said...

gorgeous card...perfect for an 8 year old. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

Fi

ike said...

OMG what a fabulous card. I love this little image - she's perfect. The acetate sea is genious !!!
Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS
Ike xx
SSDS DT

Nikbee said...

What a fantastic card. I love the acetate sea.

Nikki x

Linda said...

This is amazing! I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at SSDS with your lovely work of are.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Rene' said...

What a fabulous card! I love everything about it! So cute! Gabrielle will surely love it!
Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS!
Scrappy Love,
Rene'

Céline said...

amazing card!!!! love the use of acetate to seem the see! perfect idea!

thanks for playing with us at Paperplay this week
hugs
céline Paperplay DT

Deb said...

Brilliant creation, love the layers and sweet image and fab details, thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon
Debs
xxx

Cor* said...

Such a great under the sea adventure easle! What details you have with the sand, seaweed and water. The WATER is so REAL! I wanna jump in! Thanks for sharing your awesome easle with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck!

Laney said...

Great easel card lovin the dimension!!
thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Sande said...

WOW, Your card is fantastic creation!!

Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week!

Hugs, Sande

Mad-Frog said...

Wow what a fantastic card