Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Recycling with Creative Craft Challenge

 This weeks challenge at Creative Craft Challenge is to use something Recycled on your project, our sponsors this week are Some Odd Girl and Crafty Ribbons and the prize for our top 3 is being offered by Simply Angelic Crafts. I have created this bag for my eldest daughter out of an old pair of jeans and a dress. The jeans have been cut off just below the crotch and stitch together to make the bottom of the bag. Then from the legs of the jeans cut down the seam to create the handle, now Shannon wanted a long handle so I used the seam of both legs. I used an old spotty red dress to create the lining for the bag which I have attached using wonder web. I used part of the dress to create the tie which goes through the belt loops this is just decorative.

To create this flower I have used my Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die to cut them from the jean legs and the dress, they are then tacked together and I have sewn a button which is a spare one of my work shirt to the centre.

 These badges were created from some bottle caps squashed using my cuttlebug, Shannon helped me to pick some suitable images from google which we printed and cut out using a circle punch. These were then stuck into the bottle caps and covered with Anitas clear gloss. I attached some pins to the back.
 This keyring was one of Shannon's old necklaces that she no longer wears I have just taken it apart and attached it to a keyring.
A quick picture to show you the back of the bag.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge.
I would like to enter my bag into the following challenges:
If The ShoweFits Scrap It - Earth Day Recycle something
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - Bottletops
Lexi's Creations - Anything but a card
Moving Along With The Times - Recycle

22 comments:

Choccy said...

Jenny ..... Thats absolutely GORGEOUS !!!!

Choccy xx

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny, this is stunning, bet your daughter is thrilled with her new bag x

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant you are clever hun your daughter with just love love this hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

PepPop said...

Amazing!! What a cool bag. I'm off to find a tatty pair of jeans :) Jaqui x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fantastic bag. Love the TH flower, it looks amazing. xx

Debby said...

You purse is fabulous. I really thing your bottle caps are clever and will definitely be borrowing your great idea. My nieces would love this! Hugs

Anonymous said...

wow this creation is stunning and full of interest.Love the bottle caps - Thank you so much for taking part in the CCM Spotlight challenge.

Feebsy said...

What an awesome bag, I know I'd love to own it. (I have a thing for bags, I'm not into shoes)

I totally might try something similar if I can convince my mother to lend me her sewing machine. Thanks for the inspiration!

Take care

Feebsy
x

Debs said...

WOWZERS this is simply amazing - I love it!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck
{{Debs}} xx

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Terrific bag, Jenny. I know a few girls of minre that would love this.

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous recycling project Jenny, I love the design using old jeans and the use of the bottle tops.
Glad you could recycle something for Earth Day and join in our challenge at MAWTT as well.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pami said...

Wow, how creative is this! Fabulous project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow this is fabulous.. i love those bottle caps
Thanks for joining in my recycled challenge at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is amazing what a great project for us. Thanks for joining in on our Recycle Challenge on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Beverley said...

This bag is gorgeous, I especially love the bottle top badges. Bev x

Zoechaos said...

WOW this is so clever and great fun. XOXO Zoe

lalkygirl said...

stunning jeans bag,i love the red with it .... very striking,fab use of the jeans and bottle tops
thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Lin said...

Wowsers Jenny, everyone is gonna be asking your Daughter where on earth she got this fabulous bag and wanting one themselves. You could have started yourself a little cottage industry here!

I love the design and all the little nick nacks attached to it make it something truly special.

Thanks for joining in with our challenging Spotlight over at Crafty Cardmakders Spotlight blog.

Lin xx

Debby said...

Jenny wooohooo, we both won top three!!! Congrats!!! Hugs

Addams said...

Wow, I love this, what a fantastic idea, my dd will just love it!

Unknown said...

these are cool, what a great idea, well done and thanks for playin with us at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight

Hugs
Judie xx

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.