Powered By Blogger

Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Word Play at Country View Challenges


Whoops blogger strikes again this post was scheduled to go this morning at 6 but for some reason blogger decided not to post it perhaps it was having a lie in? Any way onto the reason for today's post last month I was lucky enough to be picked as the winner at Country View Challenges where I won a £20 voucher to spend on goodies from the shop and they also I asked me if I would like to be GDT this month, I said yes of course although I was a bit worried that my work wasn't good enough as the DT over their do some amazing things with inks and things. Here's my effort for the new challenge, Word Play  so anything that involves quotes, sayings etc but excluding sentiments such as 'Happy birthday', 'New home', 'Congratulations' and the like, which starts today.
I decided I would alter this Kraft notebook which I picked up at work for 50p in the recent sale, what i didn't think about was that at A5 size most of my papers would be to small whoops. After hunting through my very old stack of 12 x 12 papers I pulled out 3 sheets of Fancy Pants Dancing girl which I cut up to create my layers. I inked the edges of the polka dot piece slightly with Weathered Wood distress ink.


 I've used this cute owl again from The Stamping Chef and coloured him up with my pro-markers adding glossy accents to his glasses. I typed up this quote on the computer and put a squiggly frame around it and then printed it onto some of the DP. I fussy cut the frame out and then used a paper clip to attach it to the notebook. I added some pieces of ribbon the the spiral bind on the side of the book.


Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and have a look at some of amazing work for the DT and maybe join in yourselves.

I would like to enter my notebook into the following challenges:
City Crafter - Animal Magic
Try It On Tuesdays - Things With Wings
The Crafters Cafe - Use A Digi
Fab N Funky - Walk On The Wildside

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely project!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page, the owl os so cute. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Nikki Acton said...

Great image and well coloured - gotta love owls! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday this time. Nikki x

Nikki Acton said...

Great owl image and well coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday this time. Nikki x

Anonymous said...

So cute Jenny!! I need that owl hes adorable!Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Words and Pictures said...

What a great quote, and perfect for a notebook cover! Love those trimmings on the spine too. Great to have you guesting with us for some Word Play!
Alison x

Karen said...

Really lovely card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

xx

Highland Handmade said...

This is great!! Love the papers and fab sentiment! Well done on your win xxx

P.S sorry for the late comment, I am playing catch up slowly but surely!

Sarah said...

Fab notebook, love the owl x