Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

S J Crafts August Challenge


Today's card is one I made for Aimee and her friend Ella May  to give to their friend at school who was going back to Korea to live. It also fits in with the new challenge which went live yesterday over at S J Crafts where this month we want to see projects with the theme of Holidays / Travel and also for you to use something new and something old.


 So for my card my something new was this cute digi from Zlatoena's Designs called Travel Bunny  I coloured him with promarkers adding some glossy accents to his googles. I decided to paper piece the plane slightly fiddly but worth it I think all the papers are from Prima Hello Pastel collection. I added a banner to the back of the plane with some paper twine. My something old was my Fiskers Threading water border punch which I think is the first border punch I got. 


I decided to make a cross over card so I could put a photo I took of the three of them playing in my garden a few days before she had to go home. On the reverse of the insert I printed a poem which I thought was fitted the occassion.
 " Our friendship with you is special
And we hope it never ends
Even though you'll be miles and miles away
Let's stay the best of friends."
 I haven't put a photo of the reverse of the insert as it has our address and Ella Mays address on it so that they can all keep in touch.
Don't forget to hop over to the blog a check out the rest of the DT fantastic projects.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crafting For All Seasons - Feature A Creature
Mod Squad - Paper Piecing
Stempelgarten Challenge - Paper Piecing


8 comments:

Tricia T said...

Great paper piecing on your plane!! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

Highland Handmade said...

This is gorgeous, love the paper pieced plane and I love the poem you added! Fab pic of the girls! xxx

Highland Handmade said...

This is gorgeous, love the paper pieced plane and I love the poem you added! Fab pic of the girls! xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Love this card and what beautiful keepsake for your daughter's friend x

Sarah said...

This is beautiful and wow your scissor skills are far better than mine ;-)

Alex H. said...

A super cute card.. and such a lovely image.. perfect paper piecing work... fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge.
;-) Alex H.

Melanie-Jane said...

Fantastic Project. I love that sweet airplain and the bunny. Your Paper Piecing looks great. Love the choice of the yellow paper with white polka dots.
Thank you for joining us at the stempelgarten challenge.

Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Hazel said...

Lovely criss cross card. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x