Powered By Blogger

Pages

Saturday 21 July 2012

The Olympics at S J Crafts

 Time for a new challenge at S J Crafts and this month we have gone for the theme 
The Olympics








Here's some ideas from Sarah to help you out. Did you see the olympic torch relay? - you could scrap the photos you took! Have your children had a school sports day? - Show us your sporty photos ... football, rugby, tennis, skipping or playing catch on the beach or in the garden!! The Olympics will be held in London so any photos of London will be suitable. You could use the colours or rings of the logo as a design element! Dig out your sporty rubber stamps for your cards.
And the prize this month for our  winner is a 6 x 6 Pad (of the winners choice from the shop!)
This month instead of a card I've gone with an altered notebook & pen which I made for my youngest daughter Aimee who loves to sit a write. I bought a plain black notebook from Wilkinsons and transformed it with some Portabobello Road papers from Papermania. The borders are punched with a Fiskers punch. The ribbons are all from Crafty Ribbons, I had to colour the blue one with my promarker to match as it was a pale blue colour.


The image is from Simply Betty stamps and is called Gymnast Sally, I choose this image as Aimee love to do gymnastics at school and can't wait to watch the gymnasts on the Olympics. The image is coloured as usual with my promarkers, I'm really pleased with the way I managed to get the skirt to look transparent. Whilst I was cutting the image out I cut thought the ribbon that she is twirling so have stuck some real ribbon on instead. I added a pearl to her bow in her hair to hide the skull that was on the image.
I added Aimee's name with some alpha stickers which I originally coloured blue but decided after edging all the papers with gold stickles to glitter them up too. The little pen is one I bought as a pack of six I added a piece of matching paper around the top of the pen and tied a piece or ribbon to the clip.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

One Stop Craft Challenge - Olympic Games/Sports
Saturday Challenge - Olympic or Sporty 
Craft Punked - Olympic Games

19 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation great colours, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested and have not already joined in the celebrations :)

Louise Welsh said...

fabulous card, thanks for joining in with the craft punked blog challenge this week. louise xx

s4rah said...

This is gorgeous, gymnastics is my favourite Olympic event too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful notebook, love the image and design of the book x

Paula said...

Stunning notebook, love your image and colours, fabulous! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

Francesca said...

great creation , Lovely colours
Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabby book - love those paper xx

Shelley said...

This is lovely, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC xx

Lou said...

oh wow its beautiful Jenny x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Love the use of the ribbons ....and great to see the cream tone used rather than a stark white...works perfectly! Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room "sports" challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

Mervi said...

hi,
lovely notebook, I'd write all the world records for that! lol
beautiful colouring!
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Sports Challenge, good luck;-))m

Maria said...

What a beautiful notebook! I love how you've altered this, and I'm sure your daughter loved it. Those ribbons on the spine look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Helen Anderson said...

Love this Jenny, excellent colouring too! Thanks for joining Craft Punked and good luck :) x

Corinne said...

Oh this is just lovely, you have done a fantastic job coloring her... Thanks for joining us at Simply Challenged Challenges
Hugs

Unknown said...

Oooo I do like the ribbon dancing gymnastics in the Olympics.
Well done on your colouring your image it looks great.
Thanks for joining is at Craft Punked this week.
dxxx

Scrap Vamp said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring and all the ribbon!

Trudie said...

Brilliant. Perfect use of the image with all the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at SCC xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

This is lovely
Thank you for joining us at SBS
Love Jan
xx

Irene's Creations said...

So LOVE your card & colors!!!