Powered By Blogger

Pages

Friday 26 March 2010

Couple of quick cards

Made this card quickly tonight very similar to one I made for furrypig have added a strip of blue between the embossed lines and some gems to the butterfly. Have also dusted the flowers with blue chalk.
Over on MSE lots of the girls went to the NEC today so those of us left behind had a bit of a virtual cake party to which we bought lots of very fancy looking cakes and best of all they were all calorie free! lol anyway Dawnteabag set a little challenge for us to make a card with a cake on it here is my effort.
I have used a sheet of paper from forever friends for you pack. Its one of those sheets with the image already on it I never really know what to do with these? I used 3 sheets to create a decoupage I'm quite please with it as I have never made my own decoupaged picture before although I think the sentiment could do with being a bit bigger as the top of the card looks a bit bare. I addes so punched flowers over the top of the vase as the printed ones looked to flat and were to fiddly to cut out.
Heres a close up of the flowers

16 comments:

Marg said...

Fantastic cards Jenny. They don't look quick to me! I love the butterfly x

Ali said...

Oh Wow - they look lovely - well done on your cutting out on the FF one - a lot neater than I could of done. xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

They're gorgeous - I never know what to do with the papers with the designs on either - fantastic idea!
xx

craftygranny said...

fab cards i love butterflies

Antonia said...

that butterfly is fantastic and I love your card cake x

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Love the butterfly, stunning. Cake card is also fab, the flowers are very pretty.

furrypig said...

Makes me feel hungry seeing a bear eating cake is that wrong? Love the butterfly cards they are stunning and I am sooo lucky to have an 'original!'

theboelemas@aol.com said...

OMG, that butterfly card is breathtaking, I love it! The little bear eating cake is so sweet. x

Gem said...

ooh they look fab, love the chalking on the daisies and your self-made decoupage is great :) xx

Crafty JuJu said...

Your cakes are fantastic, I love the butterfly :) x

Samm said...

wow your forever friends cake challenge card is gorgeous, that decoupage is fab, and that butterfly card is lovely x

Anonymous said...

Stunning butterfly card and luv the ff image. Hugs Annexxx

leia said...

Gorgeous cards - the flowers on your FF look fab! Just notived your blog is different too lol I like the new look though x

louisa said...

Super card for the challenge (I lurve the butterfly one more though - and I don;t even like butterflies!) Thanks for joiining the challenge

Sarah said...

Gorgeous butterfly card, so delicate and beautiful. Love the cake card and I am going to nick your idea of decouapge using FF paper x

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Darn bear's got my cake! Brilliant card though.