Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Altered Diary

 
Today I have an altered diary to show you I started off with this very plain and boring black diary which I bought for a £1 and this is what I turned it into.....

 
I made this diary for my DD Shannon who has a thing about all things nerdy and as soon as I saw this glasses paper I knew I wanted to use it for something for her having recently started work she needs a diary to write her shifts down in. I started off with sheet of kraft card which I cover the whole diary with. I then matted the glasses paper which comes from MME Cut Paste Flair pad onto a piece of black card. I have used some Basic Grey Candy Buttons in the corners to add a little bit of interest to them. 


The glasses are from a necklace which I took apart I have used a set of numbers from an old set of Alpha's which I had tucked away. I stuck the glasses down with glossy accents and then filled the lenses with it to give them a more realistic appearance. I added a couple of flat backed gems to the corners for a little bit of sparkle.

I would like to enter my diary into the following challenges:
Crazy For Challenges - Let's Frame It ( Hope the glasses count as a frame)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything but a card
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything but a card
Craft My Life - Anything goes but no cards
Creative Creations Challenge - Sparkle & Shine ( gems are sparkly and the glasses are shiny)




10 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

This is awesome Jenny - love the decorative glasses on the front of the diary, really clever!
Helen x

DesignerDiva said...

Fabulous Jenny, I love what you've done here
Hugs Laurie x

Sarah said...

Just love this Jenny, gorgeous paper and the altered glasses look fab x

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Wow! Jenny, that's fabby!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Wonderful job!

Leanne DT @4CC!

CT19720 said...

What a great design, bet your daughter loved it.

michele said...

Fabulous altered diary! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Unknown said...

A fabulous idea, Jenny, and I love the glasses :)
Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge and Good Luck!
xx

Flutterby Trina said...

what a fantastic way to create something really personal!!! thanks for playing along with us this week at Creative Creations Challenges and our 'sparkle and Shine challenge :) good luck and we hope to see you again soon :)

Highland Handmade said...

How cool is this! absolutely love it x