Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Button challenge at Crafty Ribbons

 I was lucky enough to be picked for the last challenge at Crafty Ribbons blog, this time round we had to use one of the new button boxes for our challenge pieces, I chose the Tutti Frutti colour range. What can I say apart from wow what a great way to buy buttons you get a great range of sizes and styles in each box and the colours all coordinate perfectly with each other.
For my first project I decided to make a clock with buttons instead of numbers. This clock is made from an old cd the hands and mechanisms were bought from ebay. The paper is from DCWV and I have simply stuckk the buttons onto the paper where the numbers should be.

For my second project I decided to make a button hairband. With a length of elastic I measured around Aimee's head to get the right size sewed it together to make a circle, then I cut some flowers out of felt I used my Tim Holtz tattered flowers die for this and layered them up with a button for the centre of the flower. I then positioned the flower slightly to one side of the elastic circle and sewed it on. Next I sewed some buttons around the elastic so they went down tojust below Aimee's ears.
 Here's a photo of Aimee wearing the hairband and her new dress that I made for her over Easter, the colours in the fabric match perfectly with the colours of the buttons.
 Another photo of my little model thisis the one I made for her to keep.
And last photo this is the one I sent of to Ali at Crafty Ribbons basicly the same design just slightly more pastel colours.
I have to say even after making these projects I still have loads of buttons left over.

4 comments:

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fantastic projects Jenny - which seller did you get the clock bits from please - I think these would make brill teachers gifts :c) xx

Sarah said...

These are lovely Jenny!! I love the hairband ... so cute!! x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous work Jenny, I love everything xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous projects and your DD is just so pretty, love her new dress. x